Wood Shed Building Kits - One, Two, Three and It's Complete

Now that my wife has gone back to work, we had to buy another car. Guess what? I lost all my garage storage space to the new car. Now I have a brand new lawn mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, and all my other tools that no longer fit in the garage. I was looking at having to rent a storage unit to keep everything in, which meant I would also need to buy a trailer to haul it all back and forth when needed.

Weedeater Lawn Mower

I was complaining to my brother about my dilemma and he suggested getting one of those portable storage buildings for the back yard. I told him they were way too expensive and we just didn't have the money right now.

Weedeater Lawn Mower

He then told me that someone he worked with had bought one of those wood shed building kits, which are very affordable and the kits contain everything you need to build a shed yourself. Some of the kits even come with the wood precut so you don't even have to do all the measuring and cutting yourself, you just have to put the shed together.

I am not your typical "do it yourselfer", I am more like a computer geek. I can remember trying to assemble Christmas toys for my kids and the box says "light assembly required", well that just wasn't true.

My brother could tell I was feeling a little intimidated by the idea, so he said that if I bought one of the wood shed building kits, he would help me put it together. How could I say no. Being the computer nerd that I am, I started looking online and found quite a variety of wood shed building kits. After much evaluation, I made my purchase and had it shipped to my house.

It was pretty awesome, the kit came with everything I needed, including very detailed step by step instructions. My brother kept his word and helped me put it together and it only took a couple of weekends. The only thing he would not do is help me paint the shed. My wife was so thrilled that I had somewhere to put all the yard equipment that she helped me do the painting.

When it was all said and done, I calculated all my expenses and I saved hundreds of dollars by buying a shed building kit versus a per-built storage shed. And I actually felt a great sense of accomplishment for my first building project.

Wood Shed Building Kits - One, Two, Three and It's Complete
Weedeater Lawn Mower

Speaker Home Flip Down Monitors Push & Pull Baby Toys